The site is designed using CSS and with reference to accessibiltiy standards. As there are varying views on whether ' access key' navigation is useful, we've started to reduce our use (at Feb 08) of this feature. Where this exists, in Internet Explorer, press 'Alt' and the key to select, then Enter to activate the navigation link.
s Skip navigation - go to page content
0 Access Keys (this list)
1 Home page
3 Site Map
5 About us (FAQ)
a Around the area
b Bike Shops
c Cycling Around
f Food, Drink, Board
l Local interest
m More material
o Outdoor Links
p Photo album
r Bike Rides
Much of the basic page design works through style sheets (css files). Type style at Oct. '03 is Gills Sans.
Note: at Feb. 2014, we are working on bringing together the original 'static' information pages with a WordPress driven news and events section. The latter is not included below.
About us. Background to the site and author; contact details.
Places to visit
- Local Interest Places, names, what to see, web guides.
- Malvern Hills, springs and fountains, geology.
- Town and Villages close by, worth a visit on a cycle trip or otherwise.
- Places around Less defined areas (Hills, Forests, Valleys, Trails etc)
- Further afield e.g. Welsh Marches, Cotswolds, Shropshire ...
- Events Festivals, one-off activities, themed weekend etc. of all types in and around Malvern; craft courses; listings sites.
- Music - folk, roots, rock, blues, jazz, classical ... Rgular sessions, local musicians. Arts venues.
Cycle, walk, travel
- Cycling around The best way to enjoy the area - routes, getting to the start, campaigns.
- Walking groups, routes and guides, walking festivals, suggested books and reviews.
- How to get to Malvern by train, bus links, local transport.
- Big Apple cycle ride (GPX from TackLogs); Google Map.
- By Bike in the Malverns Foothills (Tracklogs).
- Geology trail cycle ride (GPX from TrackLogs).
- Wyche and Purlieu Geology trail walk (GPX from TrackLogs).
- Facilities on the Malverns (GPX from TrackLogs); Google Map.
- Refreshments around the area (GPX).
- Link Station to Worcs Beacon walk (TrackLogs).
- Three Counties Loop walk (TrackLogs); Google Map.
- More Material Books on local history, folklore etc.
- Creative Malvern Arts and crafts - makers and courses; sources of local pictures.
- Write Around Writing about cycling, general bike web sites.
- Outdoor Links Weather, maps, outdoor & historical resources....
Personal, social, local environment
- Food, Drink, Board. Local real ale, vineyards, places to eat and stay, including veggie.
- Cider and Perry. Specialities of the Three Counties - background, books, places to visit.
- Malvern societies, health and advice services.
- Sustained Visits A green and alternative perpective including natural world.
- Environmental Action Content (news, events and information on green issues) is now on MalvernGreen site.
- A photo album
of local interest
- Fungi; second page of fungi; odd other flora and fauna.
- Butterflies, plus separate Grayling on the Hills page.
- Photojournal. Includes Hill Fire March 03, Big Apple Oct 03.
- Well dressing pics.
- Malvern Fringe MayDay.
- Malvern Priory.
- Around the Area album.
- Pics taken on longer bike rides.
- Various cycling pictures.