This page: sportives, bike festivals, cycling events, sponsored rides.
For more Worcestershire cycling events, see this PushBike! listing for 2021 (pdf).
Note that this page used to be on the Cycle Malvern website.
Let’s Go Velo started ‘brewery sportives‘ in 2016, sociable events which feature (usually as the start/finish point) breweries or similar. The line-up for 2020 includes Wye Valley Brewery (April) – in 2019 they also had one at Westons Cider House (June).
Mountain Bike Festival, Eastnor Deer Park. Organiser details change but for 2021 (August) its the GT Bicycles Malverns Classic.
Malvern Mad Hatter, June/July (UK Cycling Events).
NOTE: Info in need of further updating.
To help organisers avoid ugly clashes and prospective participants to find the events, here are regularly held sponsored rides that we know of in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
- Blossom Trail Bikeaway, Vale of Evesham. . Choice of 11, 16, 27 or 50 mile routes, in aid of St John Ambulance.
- St Richards Hospice Bikeathon. Various distance options (2018: 2nd July – ended?).
- St Richard’s Hospice Paddle, Plod, Pedal – mixed locomotion course, startign at Pershore. 15 August 2021.
- LINC Three Counties Cycle Ride 2012: Sunday 10th June. Choice of 2 routes: the longer 64km option takes in Eastnor, Upton on Severn and Tewkesbury whilst the shorter 32km option goes through Bushley and Bushley Green to Upton upon Severn before joining the longer route. Leukaemia + Intensive Chemotherapy Fund supports patients and their families receiving intensive chemotherapy.
- British Heart Foundation may have a Worcestershire Bike Ride. Previously: starts and finishes at Sixways Worcester Rugby Stadium, 17, 30 or 50 miles – country lanes and lush green landscape views.
- Elgar Sunbeam ride, from Bromsgrove CC with Elgar Society, Worc Uni, Worc CC, Worc City. First held Sept 07?, in aid of Clic Sargent, Acorns Hospice, Elgar Birthplace Museum. Starts Worcester (Uni) and includes Malverns, 15 or 50 miles.
- Ride and Stride Your own or locally orgnaised cycle route around churches, second Saturday of September. National event which began in Suffolk in 1982. Various local rides. 2021: 11th September.
- Leukaemia Research North Worcestershire Bikeathon, Sunday after churches ride (Sept). From Mere Hall, Hanbury (north east of Worcester). First held 1998?
We would be pleased to receive further information on the above and other local annual rides.