- Galleries, displays
- Local crafts people and groups.
- Craft Courses.
- Music connected with Malvern.
- Pictures section for photographs, drawings with a Malvern flavour, galleries beyond Malvern.
- Performing Arts venues.
See the Events Calendar for current exhibitions, festivals, performances etc.
Arts and Crafts
Galleries and exhibitions – ongoing
- Malvern Hills Art and Crafts Guild / Malvern Hills Gallery. Corner of St Anns Road with Worcester Road, phone 01684 566872.
- Iapetus at 34 Belle Vue Terrace (WR14 4PZ), mainly gifts and jewellery, also has some local art. Phone 01684 566929.
- Lyttelton House Gallery, Priory Steps, 3 Abbey Road.
- Original Artwork Store, 4a Graham Road.
- Malvern Library also has a gallery/exhibition area downstairs near the cafe.
- Also worth a try is Malvern Hills Art gallery at 32a Belle Vue Terrace, phone 01684 569916.
- No 4a, North Malvern Road, is an artists’ collective with working studio spaces and occasional gallery.
- Yesism Gallery (studio of Cantillon Howell) at Great Malvern Station, with a focus on glass?
- Blue Ginger arts and crafts gallery plus coffee shop near Cradley, on the A4103, phone 01886 880240. (May close during January/February.)
Guilds of Craftsmen for the Three Counties area:
- Worcestershire Guild of Designer Craftsmen,
- Guild of Herefordshire Craftsmen – website is in Flash. Displaying at Three Counties Showground and The Market House, Ledbury for various periods.
Many crafts workshops are listed on the geographically organised pages elsewhere on the site. Here are some more website links for local crafts which have caught our eye.
Jackie Harris Glass Handcrafted stained glass windows, panels and gift items, from a Malvern studio.
Silverfish Designs Contemporary jewellery designs handmade in sterling silver on the side of the Malvern Hills.
Handcrafted lampshades from Sarah Walker/Artshades, Wells Road Malvern.
Rachel Padley, functional and sculptural ceramics, based Bromsberrow Heath.
Eekbatik has one of The Fold studios – batik paintings from children’s designs (they also run courses for schools and other groups).
Timothy Hawkins Fine Furniture bespoke maker based in Bartestree.
Eastnor Forge “Based at the historic forge on the Eastnor Castle Estate, Herefordshire, Andrew Findlay and his team of skilled smiths create Artistic Forged Metalwork.” Architectural (e.g. gates) in particular?
Dave Preston artist blacksmith, based Ledbury.
Paper artist Liz Cousins run workshops from her studio in Whitbourne.
Most of those under the next section will be producing their own material as well as running courses.
The members of Creative Breaks runs a range of art and craft courses year round, in various parts of Herefordshire. Those with their own web site include:
- Bringsty Arts Studio Silversmithing and jewellery.
- Green wood working and chair making, near Bosbury from Gudrun Leitz.
- Abbotts’ Living Wood Green wood work near Bishops Frome.
- Jenny Pearce willow basketmaker at Canon Frome.
- Eastnor Pottery on Eastnor Castle estate.
The online version of the Herefordshire Crafts Guide appears to have closed.
A number of green woodworking/pole-lathe turning course near Ledbury are listed on The Bodgers web site.
Wildwood Coppice Crafts in West Malvern runs courses in woodland crafts.
Woodworking courses with Jon Cooper at the Hop Pocket centre, Bishops Frome. Basic skills, crafts, trade carpentry skills.
Paul Priestley (Filbert Splosh art experiences) runs Painting and Drawing courses in Storridge, and elsewhere in Herefordshire.
Angie Hughes textile artist and tutor based in Ledbury.
Music sessions page, including joining in.
Also see our photo albums for images of the Malvern Hills and around.
Malvern Panoramas (Digitlight Photography). Vibrant photography capturing the different seasons and moods – high quality prints available.
Antony Bridge A local guy doing landscape paintings of Malvern Hills and town on an almost daily basis.
Shuttersphere (new 2014) Locally based photographer, many Malvern Hills photo prints available (under Worcestershire), profits to charity.
Rod Jones Online art gallery – his own pictures, probably not for sale.
Clive R Haynes – mainly Worcester photos.
Archie Miles Photography. Loads of transparencies, also series of postcards for Herefordshire and Malvern Hills.
David Prentice produced prints and paintings in his Malvern studio.
Foal Yard Gallery, Bransford, WR6 5JB, has a regularly changing programme of exhibitions, often of Worcestershire and Herefordshire artists work. Connected with The Fold – see above.
Bevere Gallery has some paintings of local views to view (and buy) online – probably more at their premises in Worcester, which features 150 or so professional and amateur artist members.
Artistree brings together Ledbury artists for exhibitions and online gallery. Artistree Community Arts Centre, Church Lane, Ledbury. Artists who have done local scenes and also have their own web sites include Valerie McLean.
Shell House Gallery is in Ledbury. They exhibit a variety of contemporary artists (oils and water colour), including some with local connections. There are galleries online – we have spotted local views from John Harris, Jonathan Taylor, Tim Nash and David Birtwhistle, but expect there are others.
For more snaps, try the Malvern group on photo sharing site Flickr.
Malvern Theatres. Films, concerts, dance etc. as well as plays. Box office 01684 892277.
Huntingdon Hall Folk and other music in the centre of Worcester, also runs Swan Theatre. Box office 01905 611427.
Worcester Arts Workshop in the city centre. Various kinds of performance such as poetry, theatre and music, and The Splendid Cinema screening arthouse films.
Ledbury Market Theatre Less of a ‘professional’ venue than the others here, but in a good way!
The Courtyard Theatre Centre for the arts in Hereford. Folk and other music, dance, theatre and more. Box office 01432 340555.
Number 8 Community Arts Centre, Pershore. Box office 01386 555488.
Evesham Arts Centre. Box office at Tourist Info 01386 446944, or at theatre during performances 01386 48883.