- Galleries, displays
- Local crafts people and groups.
- Craft Courses.
- Music connected with Malvern.
- Pictures section for photographs, drawings with a Malvern flavour, galleries beyond Malvern.
- Performing Arts venues.
See the Events Calendar for current exhibitions, festivals, performances etc.
- Open galleries and studios are often mentioned under the appropriate place on the Towns and Villages or Other places (e.g. Forest of Dean) pages.
- Photography clubs are listed under Groups.
- See our Maps section for old county maps etc.
Arts and Crafts
Galleries and exhibitions – ongoing
- Malvern Hills Art and Crafts Guild / Malvern Hills Gallery. Corner of St Anns Road with Worcester Road, phone 01684 566872.
- Iapetus at 34 Belle Vue Terrace (WR14 4PZ), mainly gifts and jewellery, also has some local art. Phone 01684 566929.
- Lyttelton Framing Gallery, 89a Newtown Road.
- Original Artwork Store, 4a Graham Road.
- Malvern Library has a gallery/exhibition area downstairs near the cafe.
- Also worth a try is Malvern Hills Art gallery at 32a Belle Vue Terrace, phone 01684 569916.
- Elmslie House A large Victorian residence with room for small musical events and a gallery.
- Blue Ginger arts and crafts gallery plus coffee shop near Cradley, on the A4103, phone 01886 880240. Closed Monday/Tuesday (and from late December to late March).
- Canwood Gallery and sculpture park is a little way from Malvern in the Woolhope area of Herefordshire, open during the warmer months. It has been set up to exhibit “thought provoking art within the beautiful and inspiring countryside” with money going to Bart’s Charity. Created by an ex-farmer who survived leukemia – see the gallery’s About Us page. Registered charity 1176915.
Guilds of Craftsmen for the Three Counties area:
- Worcestershire Guild of Contemporary Craft,
- Herefordshire Guild of Craftsmen – website is in Flash. Displaying at Three Counties Showground and The Market House, Ledbury for various periods.
Here are some website links for local crafts which have caught our eye. Also see the geographically organised pages elsewhere on the site.
Silverfish Designs Contemporary jewellery designs handmade in sterling silver on the side of the Malvern Hills.
Handcrafted lampshades from Sarah Walker/Artshades, Wells Road Malvern.
Eekbatik has one of The Fold studios – batik paintings from children’s designs (they also run courses for schools and other groups).
Timothy Hawkins Fine Furniture bespoke maker based in Bartestree.
Andrew Findlay, blacksmith at Eastnor Forge “Based at the historic forge on the Eastnor Castle Estate, Herefordshire, Andrew Findlay and his team of skilled smiths create Artistic Forged Metalwork.” Architectural (e.g. gates) in particular?
Dave Preston artist blacksmith, based Ledbury.
Paper artist Liz Cousins run workshops from her studio in Whitbourne.
Most of those under the next section will be producing their own material as well as running courses.
The members of Creative Breaks runs a range of art and craft courses year round, in various parts of Herefordshire. Those with their own website include:
- Jenny Pearce willow basketmaker at Canon Frome.
- William Robson glass creations, a few miles south of the Malverns.
- Rowan McOnegal Japanese printmaking.
The Stick Smith (was Wildwood Coppice Crafts) in West Malvern runs courses in woodland crafts.
Green wood working and chair making, near Bosbury from Gudrun Leitz.
Abbotts’ Living Wood Green wood work near Bishops Frome.
Woodworking courses with Jon Cooper at the Hop Pocket centre, Bishops Frome. Basic skills, crafts, trade carpentry skills.
Eastnor Pottery on Eastnor Castle estate.
Angie Hughes textile artist and tutor based in Ledbury.
Music sessions page, including joining in.
Also see our photo albums for images of the Malvern Hills and around.
Digitlight Photography Vibrant photography capturing the different seasons and moods – high quality prints available.
Antony Bridge A local guy doing landscape paintings of Malvern Hills, town and surrounds on an almost daily basis.
Shuttersphere Locally based photographer, many Malvern Hills photo prints available (under Worcestershire), profits to charity.
Rod Jones Online art gallery – his own pictures, probably not for sale.
Gilly Hancock A local artist drawing much inspiration from the Malvern Hills and countryside. Exhibits locally too.
Anna Cumming lives “beside the Malvern hills, but once lived in the Hebrides, so hills and water predominate” in her oil paintings.
Clive R Haynes – mainly Worcester photos.
Archie Miles Photography. Loads of transparencies, also series of postcards for Herefordshire and Malvern Hills.
David Prentice produced prints and paintings in his Malvern studio.
Foal Yard Gallery, Bransford, WR6 5JB, has a regularly changing programme of exhibitions, often of Worcestershire and Herefordshire artists work. Connected with The Fold – see above.
Bevere Gallery has some paintings of local views to view (and buy) online – probably more at their premises in Worcester, which features 150 or so professional and amateur artist members.
Artistree brings together Ledbury artists for exhibitions and online gallery. Artistree Community Arts Centre, Church Lane, Ledbury. Artists who have done local scenes and also have their own web sites include Valerie McLean.
For more snaps, try the Malvern group on photo sharing site Flickr.
Also see MalvernTrail events listings.
Malvern Theatres. Films, concerts, dance etc. as well as plays. Box office 01684 892277.
Huntingdon Hall Folk and other music in the centre of Worcester, also runs Swan Theatre. Box office 01905 611427.
Ledbury Market Theatre Less of a ‘professional’ venue than the others here, but in a good way!
The Courtyard Theatre Centre for the arts in Hereford. Folk and other music, dance, theatre and more. Box office 01432 340555.
Number 8 Community Arts Centre, Pershore. Box office 01386 555488.
Evesham Arts Centre. Box office at Tourist Info 01386 446944, or at theatre during performances 01386 48883.