For Malvern and beyond.
- Cycling groups
- Cycle shops and hire
- Cycling assistance – training, fitting, misc
- Mainly bike hire
- Further afield
- Cycling vacations around the area (West Midlands region, Marches, Wales).
- On Cycling around Malvern page you can find local routes, guides and advice.
- A round-up of organised cycling events such as sportives, festivals and sponsored rides has its own MalvernTrail page.
- Check our Events Calendar for cycle rides connected with local events such as Daffodil Weekends or Big Apple Harvest-time, one-offs etc. May be listed under Festivals or Activities.
- Sister site Cycle Malvern is for local bike users of all types, and includes a round-up of current known cycle parking facilities in town – there’s a map of these on Transition Malvern Hills.
- Elgar Connection – the composer took up cycling when living in Malvern.
Organised opportunities to go for a spin in the area around Malvern, for a day or shorter. Note: Cycling UK was previously known as CTC (Cyclists’ Touring Club), and local groups may retain the old styling.
- Worcester & Malvern CTC – has a runs calendar. Likely to be some rides starting from Wyche Cutting or elsewhere in Malvern. Not generally suitable for the casual cyclist.
- Ledbury CTC has a gentler approach to rides than Worcester. Year-round Tuesday rides (usually back by late afternoon) and half-day Thursdays (back by 1pm) – both meet for 10am depart opposite Market House, High St, Ledbury.
- VC Sevale is a cycling club based in Malvern. Road racing, plus a bit of mountain biking.
- Malvern Cycle Sport is for people of all ages, whether road cyclists or mountain bikers. A competitive/sports focus.
- Come Cycling Ledbury may have a ride or two listed.
- Newent Cycling Group – affiliated to Cycling UK, about 25 to 30 mile half day rides.
- Hereford Wheelers for touring, training and race rides.
- See Herefordshire Council’s round-up of cycle club rides (647KB pdf at March 2019) in the county. Also check out Shirley’s Wheels for easy short rides for women, on traffic-free and quiet roads around Hereford – their Facebook page.
- Cheltenham CTC isn’t too far away.
- Worcestershire Active Travel Partnership is “an apolitical association of organisations representing, promoting and facilitating cycling and walking as the natural choice for everyday journeys in Worcestershire.” Twitter feed. Cycle Malvern is a member group.
- Malvern Hills Trail Association: “a rider led mountain bike co-operative focused on engaging with the local community of Malvern to promote mountain biking in a positive light and strive towards a sustainable and established trail network, for all”. Facebook page.
Malvern and immediate area
Back On Track Bikes Sales and repairs. Originally focused on quality mountain bike stuff but have expanded to cover all types of bicycles, including the odd electric assisted),and gear. 6 North Malvern Rd, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 4LT, phone 01684 565777. General opening hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday 9.30am to 5pm. Back on Track’s Facebook page.
Detour Cycles, run by a knowledgeable family, racing, touring etc. cyclist. Repairs, spare parts, cycling gear. Now in the old Brays building at 41 Worcester Road, Great Malvern, WR14 4RB. Phone 01684 891555, open Wed to Fri, 8am to 6pm, Sat 9am to 5pm. Detour’s Facebook page.
Dirt Works Mountain bike specialist in West Malvern stocking the Pivot range, available on demo or hire. The “most qualified workshop” in the area and will service all types of bicycles. 193 West Malvern Rd, Malvern, WR14 4BB, phone 01684 212278 (opposite southern entrance to St James Church). Open 12 to 8 Tues to Fri, 10 to 4 weekends.
Waitign to hear more on Happy Bikes.
There is a Halfords on the retail park (Townsend Way). MalvernTrail has no knowledge of staff competence, which can apparently vary widely.
NPJ Cycle Repairs Another new one for 2020. “A comprehensive bicycle repair service direct to your home, place of work and for more complex tasks a collect and return service.” Based south end of Malvern, will go as far afield as Bromyard, Droitwich Spa, Pershore, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham. 07796 196051. Facebook page.
There’s a Malvern Bikes and Parts for Sale group on Facebook. Many items appear to be a little furtehr afield (Kidderminster, Droitwich etc).
If anyone has info on Happy Bikes (Malvern repair service, spring 2022?), please let us know.
Mobile Cycle Tech service and repair in the Worcester area at a location that suits you. 07933 131999.
F Lewis Cycles. Phone 01905 26455. 50 The Arch, Farrier St, Worcester, WR1 3BH.
OnBike electric bike specialists, various types including off-roaders. Over 30 electric bikes available for test rides. 52-53 Upper Tything, Worcester, WR1 1JY.
Worcester Cycle Centre, originally specialists in mountain biking, but with new larger premises 2021 presumably wider range, including folders (Brompton, Bickerton), hybrids, childrens, etc. from previous sister shop Elgar Cycles. Main Road, Hallow, WR2 6LD. Has indoor bike parking.
Severn Wheels. Small shop providing sales (Falcon, Claud Butler), repairs, electric cycles (also model railways and car accessories). 46 Old Street, Upton upon Severn, Worcs, WR8 0HW. Phone 01684 591080.
Cycles Clements Sales, repairs, hire. A slight emphasis on racing and audax gear. Closed Wednesday. Bank House, 6 Bank Crescent, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1AA. Phone 01531 632213.
Over the Severn
Tomkinson Cycles, East St, Tewkesbury. Phone 01684 292134.
Echelon 124 High Street Pershore Worcs WR10 IEA. Phone 01386 550606. Opening hours 9:30 – 5:30, late opening Friday (to 8pm). Bit of a racing focus.
Vale Cycles 53 Port Street, Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 6AF (Port Street is the road over the river bridge just east of the centre). Phone 01386 41204.
About Bikes in Evesham does bicycle repair – see Facebook page for contact details.
The Bicycle Man @ Newent – safety checks, repairs, servicing. New 2020.
Pedalabikeaway (hire and sales) is based by the cycle trails at Cannop Valley, Forest of Dean. Phone 01594 860065, email: email@example.com
Dean Forest Cycles in Parkend, at the start of the Forest of Dean family cycle trail. Bonus of also having The Ice Cream Shed.
Hereford Cycle Hub Servicing, repairs and sales of refurbished bikes from a Community Interest Company that also has community and educational based programmes designed to improve people’s mobility, independence and prospects. New 2020. 6b Sweetmans Yard, Plough Lane, Hereford, HR4 0EE.
Coombes Cycles A traditional style bike shop, half day closing Wednesday. 94 Widemarsh Street, Hereford, HR4 9HG. Phone 01432 354373.
Mastercraft Cycles Established 1952, stock traditional Pashleys, as well as mountain bikes to folders (Brompton specialist). 39 Bridge Street, Hereford. Phone 01452 274047.
Climb On Bikes 24-25 Coningsby Street, Hereford, HR1 2DY. Phone 01432 261211.
Spokes in Kidderminster does cycle repair and maintenance as well as taking in old unwanted bikes for rebuilding and resale, as part of its work to help young individuals with learning disabilities to be able to find and remain in employment. Unit 9 Finepoint, Finepoint Way (off Stourport Road), Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7FB. Phone 01562 861154.
Phill Prothero Cycles, 91-93 Etnam Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8AF. Phone 01568 611222.
Pearce Cycles Sales, hire and repair. Fishmore Road, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 3DP. Phone 01584 876016.
Epic Cycles Coder Road, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1XE. Phone 01584 705042.
The Bicycle Hub in Cheltenham does bike hire and can offer advice on best local routes.
Cyclists Fighting Cancer has a Cheltenham shop and bike recycling centre – a wide range of refurbished bikes, accessories and parts for sale.
Gloucestershire Bike Project refurbishes donated bikes (and parts), creating cycle maintenance skills and free bikes for vulnerable young people/good causes. Based in Gloucester.
Pashley Cycles (manufacturers) are in Stratford upon Avon, but have a unique range of traditional cycles, work bikes, folding, special needs and more.
Bike Fit Solutions is a custom bike fitting outfit based at Bishops Frome. Phone 01885 490628.
Charlotte’s Tandems, a charity based in Gloucestershire, lends tandems to (and only to) people with disabilities or special needs for free, who are unable to ride a bike safely on their own, so that they can enjoy the wonders of cycling. They have loan coordinator volunteers around the country.
Tandemonium! aims to promote cycling amongst the visually impaired of Cheltenham.
Malvern Bike Hire appears to have changed hands, 2018. Update awaited.
Ledbury Cycle Hire is based at Old Kennels Farm, on the other side of the railway bridge from the town (and near Ledbury rail station).
Beryl Bike Share in Hereford City area. Download the app, unlock a bike, go for a ride, and park in a Beryl Bay or “a considerate location of your choice” (extra fee applies).
Riverside Cycle Hire, Waterworks Road, Worcester, WR1 3EZ (opposite cafe in Gheluvelt Park). New 2022, on Facebook.
Wye-Bikes New (2021), electric and standard cycles, tag-alongs and trailers. Based Coleford, Forest of Dean, delivery available within 10 miles.
Bewdley Outdoors cycle hire /shop at the Wyre Forest Centre, Callow Hill, “in the heart of the beautiful Wyre Forest“.
Wheely Wonderful Cycling near Ludlow.
Tandem Club site has a page on where to hire tandems across Britain.
from the Cotswolds to border country (Marches) and mid-Wales
Wheely Wonderful Cycling. South Shropshire base. Self-led holidays, plus various maps and guides available (Shropshire, North Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Also bicycle hire. Petchfield Farm, Elton, Ludlow, SY8 2HJ. Phone 01568 770755.
Cotswold Country Cycles Mainly self-guided tours, north Cotswolds (they are based at Chipping Campden), and do cycle hire. Phone 01386 438706
Compass Holidays Options include Cotswolds and Gloucestershire.
Walkers’ Britain do a Cotswolds Bike Ride too.
Saddle Skedaddle have Cotswolds Lanes amongst their wide variety of holidays.
Tandem Experience runs day rides, weekends and longer breaks with tandem hire in Shropshire (Ironbridge). Other UK locations too.
Bicycle Beano cycling holidays in Wales and the Welsh Borders, plus southern England. (One of the reasons for your eidtor coming to Malvern is the experience of going on Beanos based not far from Ledbury.)
Drover Holidays. Based in Hay on Wye, offering cycling and walking holidays in the Welsh Borders (and throughout Wales) as well as bike hire.